[lbo-talk] rethinking marxism; think like Marx again

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 07:40:02 PDT 2006

--- Carl Remick <carlremick at hotmail.com> quoted:

Even the genocide didn't seem to bother anyone, since as we now know the allies had every opportunity to destroy Auschwitz or the railway lines leading to it but simply couldn't be bothered.

---

I remember reading somewhere that this is actually a myth and that there were very good military reasons, but don't remember where or what the argument was.

(Wouldn't "destroying Auschwitz" would have had to have been by means of aerial bombs, which I don't think would be very healthy for the inmates?)