[lbo-talk] Liberal rage...

sean.andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 08:18:10 PDT 2006

Mike Ballard wrote:
> I'm quite happy and surprised to see this kind of scathing commentary
> coming from a wage-slave in the corporate media:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70wOzCkWN5g&eurl
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70wOzCkWN5g&eurl>
>
> Regards,
> Mike B)

Yeah, but that's the beauty of 21st century capitalism: there's a niche market for everything, even liberal rage. I say better this than 9/11 conspiracy theories. Though it seems pretty genuine, Olberman has been filling this role for several months, particularly as an opponent to O'Reilly. You can find dozens of clips like this on the Crooks and Liars webpage. Unfortunately, here he seems to get a bit too sanctimonious, something which he usually avoids--I almost gagged when he ended with "Good night and good luck." Still, it is always nice to see some measure of criticism emanating from the idiot box, even if it reifies a lot of other things (like Clinton being a stand up guy) that most leftists wouldn't care for.