[lbo-talk] Woodward again

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 07:24:35 PDT 2006

> To see Woodward turning on Bush like this is interesting - it fits
> the theory of his Watergate reporting that it reflected the shift in
> elite/security establishment opinion that it was time to pull the
> plug on Nixon. Gotta wonder whether the big boys have turned against
> W in a big way now too.

Robert Naiman wrote:

But on Thursday, the House of Representatives passed new sanctions on Iran. The legislation was rushed through the House, with little time for debate.

The Senate is expected to consider the new sanctions bill, the "Iran Freedom Support Act," H.R. 6198, on Friday. Given the chaos at the end of the Congressional session, these sanctions could be blocked, if enough of us contact our senators Friday.

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/justforeignpolicy.org/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=5326></blockquote>

If they vote this down, we'll know that big boys have turned against the project of unilaterally creating a "new Middle East."

-- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>