[lbo-talk] Bush loses Bob Woodward

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Sep 29 08:35:21 PDT 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

> If there are any out there, they're under embargo, to maximize the
> publicity blast on the official pub date next week. Copies have been
> shipped to stores so they can be on the shelves in time for the 60
> Minutes rollout but they're not supposed to be sold yet. So they
> mystery is - what did Sanger get and how did he get it?

Probably some store clerk named "Deep Throat" who works at the Pentagon City Borders.

I'm really enjoying that the infamous stenographer to power has turned against Bush and gotten scooped at the same time.

The Washington Post is a boring pro-government newspaper.

Ture story. I was on the Metro one Saturday afternoon going out to Rockville. As is usual, there were newspapers scattered around the the mostly empty car. A man gets on the train at the Grosvenor station with his two-year old son. As they are settling into their seat, the little one reaches out and grabs a section of the Washington Post.

The father grabs the paper out of his son's little fingers and says: "No, son, WE read the New York Times."

Chuck