Evil and Stupidity (RE: [lbo-talk] Imputing motive

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 10:30:33 PDT 2006

> On Sep 29, 2006, at 11:40 AM, Angelus Novus wrote:
>

> >> Rightwingers are evil or stupid. All the rest is
> >> commentary.
> >

> > If this is true, then social relationships would be
> > transparent, and there would be no need for critique.
>
> But it's not true. A lot of rightwingers - from Hayek to Fox News -
> aren't stupid. And quite a few aren't "evil" either. I don't like the
> politics of the people around Reason magazine, but they're all decent
> and quite talented.
>
> Doug

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20050124/002149.html Reason is about one thing and one thing only, laissez faire economics. The rest of the libertarian business is just a wrapping to make an ugly inside unapparent.

steve

http://meems.imeem.com/1ZlTZot8/forums/PWWR8sC1/zz8WVrWf/quotes_about_reason_magazine/

"I get more out of reading the libertarian magazine Reason than I do out of many 'movement' journals." Christopher Hitchens, The Nation

"Reason is dictating the libertarian spin, emphasizing choice as the key difference between libertarians and control freaks." Cynthia Cotts, Village Voice

"I would suggest that you get a hold of a copy of Reason....I am going to insist that our program get a subscription and add it to the many things that I read." G. Gordon Liddy, talk radio host

"Reason magazine...makes the best case for practical libertarianism. Well-written and -researched articles delve into the specifics of economics and politics, offering alternatives and critiques." The Millennium Whole Earth Catalog

The Whole Earth Catalog got revised?! Hippie, Inc. lives.

-- Michael Pugliese