[lbo-talk] Evil and Stupidity

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 29 10:33:09 PDT 2006

>From: "Charles Brown" <cbrown at michiganlegal.org>
>
> But it's not true. A lot of rightwingers - from Hayek to Fox News -
>aren't stupid. And quite a few aren't "evil" either. I don't like the
>politics of the people around Reason magazine, but they're all decent and
>quite talented.
>
> Doug
>
>^^^^^^
>CB: I can't quite understand this. If they are smart, then why do they
>uphold and push evil positions ? Shouldn't they know better ?

Yes really, Doug, at this point it's a no-brainer. We all know how the great Right Renaissance of the last 30 years turned out -- a disaster. Conservative thinking has been in the driver's seat since Reagan, and today:

US foreign policy is in ruins; the economy has been deindustrialized; the middle class has been immiserated; and the nation has been rendered powerless to respond to natural disaster. Only a fool or a knave could continue to maintain that rightwing nostrums hold the answer to any public priority.

Carl