[lbo-talk] Evil and Stupidity

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 10:49:38 PDT 2006

> CB: I can't quite understand this. If they are smart, then why do they
> uphold and push evil positions ? Shouldn't they know better ?

One could ask the same about authoritarian sectors of the Left.
>From a liberal see, "The Dark Side of the Left: Illiberal
Egalitarianism in America, " by Richard J. Ellis, Univ. Press of Kansas and from neo-con Paul Hollander, "The End of Committment: Intellectuals, Revolutionaries and Political Morality in the 20th Century."

Both books full of illuminating autobiographical accts. by Communists and ex-Communists from the USA, Vietnam, fSU, PRC, Cuba, Poland.

-- Michael Pugliese