[lbo-talk] Evil and Stupidity

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Fri Sep 29 11:06:26 PDT 2006

> But it's not true. A lot of rightwingers - from Hayek to Fox News -
> aren't stupid. And quite a few aren't "evil" either. I don't like the
> politics of the people around Reason magazine, but they're all decent
> and quite talented.
>
> Doug
>
>CB: I can't quite understand this. If they are smart, then why do they
>uphold and push evil positions ? Shouldn't they know better ?

Couldn't they be smartly pursuing their short-term self-interest, or what they percieve it to be, which involves screwing over the rest of us in the world?

I don't know about decent, though. What does that mean, really? That they don't engage in direct thuggery? They are genteel in pursuing policies that permit others to kill?

Jenny Brown