[lbo-talk] criminals prefer euros...

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 13:00:13 PDT 2006

I have no idea how Gartman thinks that cash is going to hit the investment sector rather than add to inflation.

I think added money supply DOES increase prosperity, but only because without it new businesses aren't created as fast. Doug will talk about internally-generated returns, and obviously that's huge, but given, for example, the changes in the housing sector since the 30s and 40s debt has to be the key to more economic growth.

I'm not suggesting that the pool of capital held by the rich should be increased, but I do think that the more a society is "leveraged", the more it can expand. And when you leverage, it's nice to have a place where cash gets parked so that leverage can't come back and bite you as inflation.