[lbo-talk] Bush loses Bob Woodward

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Sep 29 13:32:44 PDT 2006

On Sep 29, 2006, at 3:48 PM, Michael Pollak wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>> Copies have been shipped to stores so they can be on the shelves
>> in time for the 60 Minutes rollout but they're not supposed to be
>> sold yet. So they mystery is - what did Sanger get and how did he
>> get it?
>
> Probably bought it at one the tables on the sidewalk new Zabar's
> where they sell new books. Books like that seem to fall off the
> truck all the time in New York.

Like I said, a book like that is supposed to be kept under seal until release date. Obviously the seal was porous, so it'd be interesting to know how it happened.

Long ago The Nation got sued for breaking an embargo on, hmm, was it Gerald Ford's memoirs or something. The suit got thrown out, but it was a bit of a coup for the NYT to get a copy.