[lbo-talk] Neanderthal refugees

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 30 06:11:46 PDT 2006

Doug Henwood:

On Sep 14, 2006, at 9:09 AM, Chris Doss wrote:

> The Neanderthals were a proud species. Do not insult
> them. ;)

And I thought they got a bad rap - they were sweeties, compared to the Cro-Mags, who were even meaner than the band of that name.

---

I think the extinction of the Neanderthals is unutterably sad. There used to be two intelligent species on this planet, and not that long ago either.

I wonder if we have enough genetic material to clone one, in principle, but that would be cruel. Maybe we could give them an island somewhere. (Would a Neanderthal foetus gestate in a human womb?) Doug