[lbo-talk] marx's critique of neo-classical economics

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 06:49:36 PDT 2007

On 3/31/07, James Heartfield <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Sean
>
> "Marx's critique of neo-classical economics"
>
> Marx never did critique neo-classical economics

sorry, mistyped

I like your characterization of Mill. Marx had some choice words for Smith and Ricardo as well, though I guess he was more sympathetic to some of their views so it would be somewhat of a stretch to say he was critical of them in the same way he was of people like Mill and Say who had political (and, in Mill's case at least, economic) motives. Been reading too much Althusser lately--nothing longterm, I promise.

Also, do you have a particular work by Amin in mind or just his recent body of work?