[lbo-talk] Narmada, damn!

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 12:49:46 PDT 2007

You just depressed the living crap out of me.

You know, when extraterrestrial paleontologists come to Earth in 20-30 million years, what they're going to see left of the current epoque in the fossil record is an immense period of extinction, that is, mass death. _That_ will be the legacy of the human species.

Let's see, it took 60 million years after the last great extinction to produce "rational" species. I wonder how long it'll take after this one. I could see rats filling the empty ecological niches, including homo sapiens'. They're doing pretty well, and they're smart and can manipulate objects. Might take less than 60 million years.