[lbo-talk] Dennis Kucinich

jrdavis from_alamut at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 19:23:57 PDT 2007

In my area, SW Missouri, a local Trannie activist Midge Potts (Code Pink), ran as a Republican against Roy Blunt in the primaries and actually recieved more votes that the Democratic candidate does in the general election. She came in second out of four which is not bad. Of course, she had a lot of her progressive friends vote republican...

jim

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

On Apr 1, 2007, at 8:57 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> "electability" (the seal of Master Class approval

What's the point of mounting a campaign that's sure to lose - and not merely lose, but lose enormously? Purity of gesture?

I'm still waiting for a list of those "leftists" that slavishly follow the "Master Class" (which weirdly seems to include no Republicans). The leftists I know best, myself and Liza, voted for Kerry in 2004, for a set of special reasons (Bush is a Christian fundamentalist who started a horrific war), but we voted for Nader in 1996 and 2000. The people I know around WBAI and the Brecht Forum either don't vote, or vote for minor party candidates. Many Nation people will vote for the Dem nominee, but I'm not sure how many of them are leftists by any strict definition - and a significant minority supported Nader, esp in 2000. Counterpunch and Z types don't normally support Dems. The CP supports Dems, but none of the sects do. Greens don't support Dems by definition. Nor do anarchists. So....?