[lbo-talk] Narmada Dam (was Arundhati Roy etc.)

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Mon Apr 2 20:39:41 PDT 2007

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wojtek Sokolowski" <sokol at jhu.edu>

Quite frankly, I sincerely believe that all blasé pomo intellectuals who denounce the horrors of modern industrial society and extol the supposedly idyllic lives on non-industrial societies to promote their nihilistic relativism are full of shit and do not know what they are talking about. Such views, silly as they are, are harmless when confined to the vast wasteland of the internet and academic bullshit, but they become dangerous if various demagogues try to push them into the policy arena - cf. Liza's excellent piece of new-agey moms who refuse to vaccinate their children and who I believe should be prosecuted for child neglect and abuse.

Wojtek

Misanthropes of the world unite!

It is the absolutists with their arrogant and megalomaniacal delusions that they know the truth with irrefutable certitude that have led to the mass of misery across this planet. That they and you understand so little about what little we've been able to figure out about how to put language to work in interpreting and creating ourselves and each other in an irreducible plurality of ways of becoming is one of the immense tragedies of our species. George Bush is the greatest relativist the world has ever seen, and the most successful to boot!

Pomo is the most incredible bogeyperson uptight, insecure, confrontational academics have ever invented.

Oh, and you need to have an MRI and PET scan of your frontal lobes. Your neurons don't fire well anymore. Maybe it was the Coke, or the Vodka, or whatever..........

Ian