[lbo-talk] Armed and Queer

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 06:44:00 PDT 2007

Andy F posted:

<http://alternet.org/rights/50039/>

Pink Pistols: The Gay Group That's Getting Armed

By Sarah Klein, Alternate 101. Posted April 3, 2007.

An LGBT pro-gun organization that helps queer people fight back against hate crimes is challenging liberals and conservatives alike.

[...]

Hmmm.

Perhaps a friend of mine (let's call him Angelo) was an early adopter of this self defense through ballistics approach.

A few years back he showed up at one of the loud parties in cozy houses my now globally scattered social circle used to throw pretty regularly.

He gestured to our hostess: "honey, can you help me with something?" Of course. He asked me to come along.

The three of us went upstairs to a bedroom. 'Angelo' closed the door. Our hostess, a bit warm and fuzzy from wine and music, said something about a threesome.

That wasn't on the agenda.

'Angelo' opened his (quite nice) suit jacket and brought out a Desert Eagle semi-auto from its shoulder holster.

"Dude!" I whispered, a bit loudly on the whisper scale I'll admit. "What the flying fuck?!"

"Listen," Angelo said calmly to our now stunned hostess, "can you stash this away in your fire safe till I leave. I don't want to be socializing with a big ass gun on me. It isn't loaded, by the way."

I gave him a look.

"It's my anti-bash insurance" he said with a smile.

If you want to see the heat he was packing (yeah, I recently watched an old gangster movie) go to this Wiki page:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_Eagle#Mark_XIX>

.d.