[lbo-talk] The Death of Classical Music (da capo, con brio)

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 3 19:39:15 PDT 2007

> But punk rock and
> > classical are different, no?
>
>How? Not to be a smartass --but I think we make a lot of
>unexamined assumptions when we talk about this stuff.

Oh come on. The whole idea of punk rock is to grab a guitar and not get too complicated. People might become truly accomplished on their instruments only after they've already made a few great records. Classical is nothing like that. I hope Doug answers this one. I can keep up with him when he's talking about the Ramones, but not when he's talking about Bach.