[lbo-talk] The Death of Classical Music (da capo, con, brio)

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Apr 3 22:22:34 PDT 2007

Colin Brace wrote:

>My taste for opera was seeded in part to exposure as a kid to Gilbert
>& Sullivan and The Magic Flute. I don't remember it tasting
>particularly medicinal.

I sat and watched Bergman's "Magic Flute" with my kids a few times when they were 5 (and told the story); and then they watched it a few hundred times after that...with no prompting....subtitles and all. It was just up there on the kiddie video shelf with Betty Boop, Lion King, 101 Dalmations, etc.

Neither of them wound up being interested enough in classical music to study an instrument, but they both enjoy and listen to classical music routinely now.

Joanna