[lbo-talk] The Death of classical Music (da capo, con brio)

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Apr 4 11:02:46 PDT 2007

Dennis Claxton wrote:

>Great idea. I've been to orchestra rehearsals and liked it maybe
>more than performances.

It's a great way to learn music and to understand how much work goes into the "effortless" playing.

I spend half of my life in ballet rehearsals and meditate upon the fact that human beings happily toil away for thousands of hours in order to make it look like a triple piroutte on pointe is, well, just what they felt like doing when they got up that morning.

Amazing, amazing amount of work. Not to mention physical pain.

Joanna