[lbo-talk] The Death of classical Music (da capo, con brio)

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Wed Apr 4 11:00:49 PDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 10:32:30AM -0700, Dennis Claxton wrote:

> >Having spent a great portion of my late teenage years rehearsing,
> >rehearsing, and then some more time rehearsing, it is nice that
> >*someone* found it pleasant. ;-)
>
> I take it you weren't getting paid though. I once spent a lot of
> time over several months with people, from all over Europe and the
> U.S., who played in Seville's orchestra. It's not a bad life.

The only time I got paid was as an "on call" percussionist for local performances when the real professional in local orchestras or bands had to cancel. For that, there was no rehearsal.

But yeah...I was doing it for music education (and joking aside, I wouldn't go back and do differently).

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com

Everyone's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: Stop participating in it.

-Noam Chomsky