[lbo-talk] The Death of Classical Music (da capo, con brio)

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Apr 4 15:20:15 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 04 April 2007 04:53 pm, Doug Henwood wrote:

> It means that most mortals who want to listen to Bach or Brahms or
> Boulez have to do so on recording, since performances are rare and
> expensive, and they can't play it themselves without years of study.

And they want it when they want it, of course. Like any other commodity.

Seriously, I wonder about this huge pent-up demand for any three B's you care to name among people who don't live in a metro area or can't afford to go hear it done live. Who are these people? Where do they live? And more to the point, why do they live there?

-- --Michael J. Smith --mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org