[lbo-talk] The Death of Classical Music (da capo, con brio)

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Apr 4 15:23:39 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 04 April 2007 04:57 pm, Chris Doss wrote:

> --- "Michael J. Smith" <mjs at smithbowen.net> wrote:
> What's
> > the musical significance of difficulty, anyway?
> >

> Not difficulty, but complexity, which results in
> difficulty.

So... what's the musical significance of complexity?

Incidentally, in my experience, complexity and difficulty in music are two very different things. There's very difficult music that's really shallow and one-idea'd, and very easy simple-seeming music that you can never get to the end of.

-- --Michael J. Smith --mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org