[lbo-talk] Not A Very Nice Man ( Was Re: Marx was no liberal; didn't suffer fools gladly)

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Apr 4 20:14:04 PDT 2007

>>Even some of the geniuses who were noted for
>>being genial had their defects. Albert Einstein
>>was a womanizer who cheated on both his wifes,
>>treating his first wife in particular pretty
>>shabbily. He also seems to have not been a
>>particularly good father to his children.

Truth of the matter is a lot of fathers suck. Two reasons I think. 1. They never get a chance to bond with the kids cause they're working 2. They lose their wife/mommy and this enrages them because they never want to acknowledge that they need the wife/mommy in the first place.

As for Einstein, I actually read a funny anecdote in last week's New Yorker about him: When he was 2 1/2 his baby sister was born. His parents brought her home and showed her to him; his comment was "Yes, And does it have wheels?"

Very sensible I think.

Joanna