[lbo-talk] Nixon: too drunk to talk

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 4 20:18:47 PDT 2007

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 15:26:24 -0700 (PDT) andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> writes:

> --- Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
>
> > New York Post [Page Six] - April 3, Elsewhere in the
> book, Nixon says of
> > the press he
> > famously loathed for most of his career: "Goddamn
> > newspaper ----.
> > They're a bunch of sluts."
>
> True, true. Nixon seem more and more right as the
> years go by.

When I think about how Tricky Dick was at least the second most progressive president in my lifetime, and incomparably more progressive than any of his successors, it's enough to make you puke. ******************

Nixon only looked progressive because he was conservatively responding to the grassroots pressures of the times i.e. we the people were demanding a lot more from the ruling class (1968-1975) AND we were trangressing the boundaries of the ruling culture on a daily basis--at least some of us--enough of us, in fact, to cause the Nixon era, the Nixon Presidency to look progressive and liberal these daze. We could make the Shrub look liberal, if enough of us were engaging in the praxis of social revolution today.

Over and out, Mike B)

Wage-slave's Escape http://happystiletto.blogspot.com/

____________________________________________________________________________________ TV dinner still cooling? Check out "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV. http://tv.yahoo.com/