[lbo-talk] French set new rails speed recotd

Jason lists at moduszine.com
Thu Apr 5 06:30:15 PDT 2007

Nah, it's much more prosaic than that: the Brits aren't in the Schengen area. (Nor is Ireland because of British intransigence - if Ireland went into Schengen on its own the land border with the North of Ireland would reuqire passport control).

Trust the UK to refuse to signup to one of the few genuinely progressive ideas to come out of the EU: freedom of movement.

Jason.