[lbo-talk] You Can't Make Me Talk

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Apr 6 08:48:58 PDT 2007

I don't believe in an all-pervasive class struggle with only two sides. Not that that has anything to do with my original joke. :)

^^^^^^^

CB:

As to your joke, didn't it have to do with Newton torturing people into confessing ? Wasn't he torturing them on behalf of the rich ? The effect of money is pretty pervasive, that's why Newton was torturing people over it. Torturing people about money has to do with the class struggle, and so has to do with your original joke. Your not noticing Newton was acting in the class struggle doesn't mean it wasn't there.

In Newton's day there were aristocrats and peasants , too ,so maybe,three or four sides. Hayek and Newton were on the side of the rich.