[lbo-talk] French set new rail speed record

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Apr 6 09:38:34 PDT 2007

Wojtek shows his true stripes:

>Forcing people into complinace seems to be the only
>way to make social changes, even for people's own
>good.

Vee haf vays to make you ride zee train!

For all the abuse I've taken on this thread (you're welcome!), I have just a few more things to say:

- Trains will never be competitive with airplanes at 3000 miles, even if they find some way to go 500mph, because tracks go to exactly one place (well, two if you count the return trip)

- The eneregy spent complaining about the impact flying has could be better spent on other more useful things (like cargo ships or clean electricity)

- I've thought outside of more boxes than Wojtek has dreamed of (what an odd track he went down there ...)

- Along with Joanna's dream trip to NY and Wojtek's dream trip to Chicago, I've decided that I'd like a pony

Have a great day!

/jordan