[lbo-talk] Another slap in God's face

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 14:57:02 PDT 2007

[Again from my fave physicist scientist-iconoclast and Pres. of the American Physical Association and also U. of Mass. Physics head, Bob Park, from his weekly "What's New" e-newsletter. If you like stuff like the Pharyngula blog, you'd like Park's weekly e-newsletter -- imagine that -- Bob Park doesn't blog!!! -B.]

----

GOD AND SCIENCE: THE SEARCH FOR MEANING IN THE NATURAL WORLD.

We got some angry e-mail this week about the line "Better a God particle than a God." A gratuitous slap in the face of people of faith? Not meant to be, but all of science is built on territory once occupied by gods. Is there some boundary at which science is supposed to stop? Keep the letters coming. We read them all, and answer as many as we can.

http://www.bobpark.org/