[lbo-talk] new radio product

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 15:09:37 PDT 2007

Doug,

I just spoke w/ Jack, singer and lyricist/frontman of World Burns to Death (now that I live in Austin, home of MDC and The Dicks -- yay!!), and he was very flattered that you played "Boiling Blood" on the show w/ Ian Bone. I think Village Vopice need sto get you in there again for 2007's "best music." Hey, you're in good company w/ John Peel! Believe it or not, shortly before he died Peel played World Burns to Death on his BBC show and accorded them "recommended" status on his webpage. Sadly, he died shortly after that.

Somehow he always kept his finger on the pulse, and it's a huge shame his ulse is no more. We need more John Peels, a DJ who actually remembered that the point of being a DJ was to introduce folks to new music, not just spit out what the majors hand them.

-B.