[lbo-talk] dire words from IPCC

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 11:00:56 PDT 2007

On 4/7/07, Colin Brace <cb at lim.nl> wrote:
> On 4/7/07, Yoshie Furuhashi <critical.montages at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 1301 actions in 51 states
>
> 51 states, huh? I guess you are counting Canada too?

Just an error, though I'd love to see the Canadians develop a new energy policy that will put pressures on the Americans to change theirs: "The top sources of US crude oil imports for January were Canada (1.856 million barrels per day), Saudi Arabia (1.559 million barrels per day), Mexico (1.435 million barrels per day), Nigeria (1.106 million barrels per day), and Venezuela (0.955 million barrels per day)" ("Crude Oil and Total Petroleum Imports Top 15 Countries," <http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/import.html>).

I'm afraid the Americans won't change their production and consumption patterns unless they face far more price and other pressures to change their behaviors than they do now. -- Yoshie