[lbo-talk] he doesn't like musicals

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Apr 8 10:02:08 PDT 2007

[Emma Brockes is the hack who wrote that devious profile of Noam Chomsky, no?]

New York Post [Page Six] - April 8, 2007

Cross To Bear

HEAVY metal legend Lemmy of Motorhead has no use for people who like Broadway musicals. British journalist Emma Brockes - in her memoir, "What Would Barbra Do? How Musicals Changed My Life," out next month from HarperCollins - recalls her ill-fated meeting with the mutton- chopped rocker during which she confessed her love of show tunes. "What . . . 'Oklahoma?' 'South Pacific? 'The Sound of Music?' " snarled Lemmy, known for songs like "Killed by Death" and "Steal Your Face." When Brockes timidly said yes, "Lemmy looked at me - a long hard look. 'You deserve to be nailed to the [bleep]ing cross!' "