[lbo-talk] The Iraq Policy of the U.S. Ruling Class

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Mon Apr 9 12:47:39 PDT 2007

On Monday 09 April 2007 14:36, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Maybe I read too many newspapers and other current sources, at the
> expense of those dispatches filed from beyond time, but the Dems look
> pretty divided to me. Reid has just come around to a withdrawal
> deadline, a position he rejected until about five days ago.

He got through a $120 bil war-funding bill with a March '08 non-binding date. Now he's rumbling about how if Bush vetoes that, he'll "push" for a bill with a binding date -- still a year in the future. This looks to me a great deal like somebody who wants to _appear_ to be doing something without actually doing it. But who am I to prefer my own judgement to the wisdom of newspapers?