[lbo-talk] Iran's Press on Nuclear Development

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 07:22:19 PDT 2007

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6540787.stm> Tuesday, 10 April 2007, 12:55 GMT 13:55 UK Iran's defiant mood infects press

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

JAM-E JAM

The most important message of yesterday's nuclear celebration is that Iran will firmly and forcefully continue its nuclear activities and that UN Resolution 1747 has failed. Iranians believe that their nuclear objectives are right and they have the power to realise them.

EDITORIAL in IRAN'S KAYHAN

Iran has made its decision to adopt an ambiguous strategy in an unfair and threatening situation... Iran is doing its best to play its cards close to its chest and from now on Westerners should wait for any possible surprise from Iran's side... any resolution at the UN will speed up Iran's nuclear activities.

EDITORIAL in IRAN'S TEHRAN-E-EMRUZ

In the current situation keeping national unity is a historic and national duty on our shoulders. Any withdrawal from the point that we have already reached so far is huge and it could send the message to the West that Iranians are fragile and succumb to foreign pressure.

EDITORIAL in IRAN'S E'TEMAD-E MELLI

Neither America nor any powerful country can order other countries to progress in scientific fields or not. However the world is not based on ethical rules and is defined by many other factors like power and unethical Medievalist principles.

EDITORIAL in IRAN

Ahmadinejad's serious warning to Westerners over their illegal and bullying behaviour and his stressing that they should not force Iran to review its relations and co-operation with the West against Iran's wishes is actually an ultimatum to the West.

EDITORIAL in IRAN'S HAMSHAHRI

We have to disarm our enemies prudently in order to show the international community that whatever the West is alleging about Iran's nuclear activities is a lie.

-- Yoshie