[lbo-talk] Imus

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 10 09:40:36 PDT 2007

>From: "Dennis Perrin" <dperrin at comcast.net>
>>
>My take --
>
><http://redstateson.blogspot.com/2007/04/bad-boy-inc.html>

Dennis, re your "I can't remember ever finding Imus funny."

I found Imus amusing back in the Pleistocene Era of the 1970s. Back then, he devoted much of his time ridiculing the Bible Belt, often featuring a song with the lyrics, "I don't care if it rains or freezes / 'Long as I've got my plastic Jesus / Riding on the dashboard of my car ..." He got progressively less funny as he migrated rightward (with most of his listeners, of course), and eventually I stopped listening to him.

I was surprised to learn, therefore, that Imus has since cultivated strong ties with many MSM news folk who appear regularly on his show. The one amusing thing about this episode is seeing news superstars -- e.g., David Gregory and Howard Fineman -- scrambling, in sanctimonious overdrive, to put as much daylight as possible between themselves and Imus. Verily, as the sages observed, if you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Interest Rates Fall Again! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new payment http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18679&moid=7581