[lbo-talk] Maryland First State to Pass Living Wage

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Apr 11 07:41:37 PDT 2007

Travis:

What exactly is the point of your persistent need to declare your opposition to a faux group of radicals.

[WS:] Because I consider such groups, together with other varieties of populism, marxoid or otherwise, to be useful idiots, who are instrumental in reactionary attacks on public institutions. David Harvey makes a similar point in his _Brief history of neo-liberalism._

Poking fun at idiots active in the public sphere is my blood sport. I do the same thing with religionists and nationalists. I love shitting on pieties and altars, and wiping my ass with national flags when I am done.

Wojtek