[lbo-talk] not much time to avert catastrophic temp rise

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Apr 11 08:05:46 PDT 2007

Mike Ballard wrote:
> The truth is that there is an urgent need to cut greenhouse gases NOW,
> but there's a great mismatch between the biggest polluters -- rich
> nations -- and most of the present and future victims -- the poor in
> general, but especially the poor in the global South -- so nothing
> much will be done in time, except perhaps more nuclear power
> production and more biofuels that make food prices go up and make the
> poor suffer in another way.

I just got done listening to liberal environmentalist Bill McKibben talking on our local indie radio station. It was a recorded talk by Barsamian's Alternative Radio.

McKibben was talking about how talking to farmers at the farmer's market is going to stop global warming. He also mentioned people organizing some contra dancing to protest global warming and some people who will dress in blue t-shirts in NYC to represent "the ocean."

I'm glad the liberals have figured out how to stop global warming. We are in good hands with them.

Vote Obama in 08!

Chuck