[lbo-talk] Maryland First State to Pass Living Wage

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 08:10:17 PDT 2007

As I recall, the last president to put any decent economic proposals, like a guaranteed income and universal health care, on the table was not only a Republican, but among the slimier ones to boot. Some politicians are easier to pressure than others, but ultimately I think the pressure is more crucial than the politician.

To go Sun Tzu for a minute, a clever strategist may realize that Democratic victories weaken the position of his class enemy and attack accordingly. A poor strategist will wrongfully believe that they are his victories, celebrate prematurely, and thereby deliver the ultimate victory to the opposing side.

Do I really have to recite the atrcities committed by the Clinton administration, from genocide in Iraq to the rape of public lands to the gutting of the social safety net? These didn't happen because Clinton was a son of a bitch (which he was); they happened because too many of those who should have opposed him failed to do so.

[WS:] That is the difference that voting Democrat makes. Of course, for