[lbo-talk] Strategic action to to avert catastrophic temp rise

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Apr 11 12:02:06 PDT 2007

On Apr 11, 2007, at 2:25 PM, Joseph Catron wrote:

> Below is an article from the NewStandard about a new initiative
> that's considerably more sophisticated than the ones Chuck
> describes. I'd be very interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on
> it.

I think it's a great idea. The banks - esp those that take public deposits - are vulnerable to bad PR. And no funding, no power plants.

Interesting that RAN pressured TXU on its plan to build a dozen new coal-fired plants. TXU cut a deal with KKR and (the very corporate- friendly) Environmental Defense to reduce that number to three as a condition of their private equity buyout. More of this sort of pressure could be fruitful.

Doug