[lbo-talk] not much time to avert catastrophic temp rise

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Apr 11 21:27:29 PDT 2007

Mike Ballard wrote:

> Actually, Yoshie wrote that. But I agree here with what she wrote. ;p And, I
> agree with you on this Chuck--except, it's gonna be Clinton/Obama in ought-8.

I think you may be a bit too detached from American politics. :-)

I really doubt that Clinton will be on the ticket come election time. There is a significant grassroots effort behind Obama and Clinton is seen to have too much baggage. I think that the DLC and their ilk will have a tough time forcing Clinton into the final ticket. Obama will likely draw more voters who dislike the Clintons. If Clinton is on the ticket, that will mobilize huge numbers of Republicans who hate her guts.

The Republicans are in disarray right now. The only thing that will breathe life into their presidential bid is somebody who is off the radar right now, like a Jimmy Carter in 1975.

If there are no signficant surprises along the way, either in world events or in the campaign, it's Obama's to lose.

We will be complaining about President Obama in 2009.

Chuck