[lbo-talk] Imus

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Apr 12 13:42:44 PDT 2007

Dennis:

This is bollocks. The guy I was talking about is fucking crazy. He wasn't thinking about someone committing a crime against him. You're running on your own steam here and this line about "members of an ethnic group that is known to have a higher probability of committing a crime" is Imus territory.

[WS:] No, I was trying to explain something about human perception/behavior. I do not give a flying fuck about media celebrities - I do not have television, I do not listen to the radio, all my news come from the internet, particularly the BBC. What people like Imus & Co say is like farting to me - it stinks but I do not comment on it.

I responded to the numerous posting to this list about how ingrained racism in this country is - which I personally believe is bollocks - if we make a distinction that I made in my posting to which you responded. Personally, I met many people but very few racists in the US - a lot of people holding negative stereotypes, some based on reality other not, but only a handful whom I would call "racists" in the sense that I explained in my posting.

I think that the leftist tirades calling everyone who dares to disagree with its mantra derogatory names is pure bigotry - no different from what Ismus & Co. say.

Wojtek