[lbo-talk] Imus

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 15:18:29 PDT 2007

Very amusing post.

Woj, is writing about stereotyping!

While Woj writes about stereotyping he uses simplistic and simple minded reductions to explain stereotyping as a cognitive faculty... kind of stereotyped thinking that gives a bad name to evolutionary explanations about human nature.

While Woj writes about the stereotyping of the bigoted left he exemplifies the most reductionist type of stereotyping of the left. His attempts to define and "understand" bigoted stereotyping becomes an illustration of his own, usual bigoted stereotyping. He does all of this without even noticing that his post is an example of the self-righteousness he condemns. He presents an example of judgmental thinking as a condemnation of judgmental thinking. Constantly, Woj stereotypes working people as stupid sheep who should be guided by open minded and enlightened people, of which I suppose he presents himself as an example. Constantly he condemns the left for psychological processes he exhibits in his condemnations. Amazing!

A little self-consciousness, a little self-irony may have helped matters. Of course, it may help me too, and since I have been for some reason unable to rise above myself, with salt and iron, humor and empathy, I have recently been mostly silent, and now I have no idea why interrupted, my otherwise blissful (for others at least) silence with this screed against Woj.

Sorry Woj, I apologize. It is just that the unintended humor of your post struck me. Did you mean it humorously? Am I missing something? Perhaps not only can I no longer serve the salt of irony, but I can't taste the salt either.