[lbo-talk] Berezovsky: 'I am plotting a new Russian revolution'

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 03:54:13 PDT 2007

BAB has been saying this stuff for years.

I love the stuff about how the regime can't be taken down by democratic means. Because, like, it has an 80% approval rating. And BAB is a ruthless gangster universally despised.

--- Ira Glazer <ira at yanua.com> wrote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/print/0,,329776948-103610,00.html

> London exile Berezovsky says force necessary to
> bring down President Putin
>
> Ian Cobain and Matthew Taylor and Luke Harding in
> Moscow
> Friday April 13, 2007
>
> The Russian tycoon Boris Berezovsky has told the
> Guardian he is plotting
> the violent overthrow of President Putin from his
> base in Britain after
> forging close contacts with members of Russia's
> ruling elite.
>
> In comments which appear calculated to enrage the
> Kremlin, and which
> will further inflame relations between London and
> Moscow, the
> multimillionaire claimed he was already bankrolling
> people close to the
> president who are conspiring to mount a palace coup.
>
> "We need to use force to change this regime," he
> said. "It isn't
> possible to change this regime through democratic
> means. There can be no
> change without force, pressure." Asked if he was
> effectively fomenting a
> revolution, he said: "You are absolutely correct."
>
> Although Mr Berezovsky, with an estimated fortune of
> £850m, may have the
> means to finance such a plot, and although he
> enjoyed enormous political
> influence in Russia before being forced into exile,
> he said he could not
> provide details to back up his claims because the
> information was too
> sensitive.
>
> Last night the Kremlin denounced Mr Berezovsky's
> comments as a criminal
> offence which it believed should undermine his
> refugee status in the UK.
>
> Dmitry Peskov, the Kremlin's chief spokesman, said:
> "In accordance with
> our legislation [his remarks are] being treated as a
> crime. It will
> cause some questions from the British authorities to
> Mr Berezovsky. We
> want to believe that official London will never
> grant asylum to someone
> who wants to use force to change the regime in
> Russia."
>
> It will not be the first time the British government
> has faced
> accusations from the Kremlin that it is providing a
> safe haven for Mr
> Berezovsky. When he told a Moscow radio station last
> year that he wanted
> to see Mr Putin overthrown by force, Jack Straw,
> then foreign secretary,
> told the Commons that "advocating the violent
> overthrow of a sovereign
> state is unacceptable" and warned the tycoon he
> could be stripped of his
> refugee status.
>
> Russian authorities subsequently sent an extradition
> request to London.
> That failed, however, when a district judge ruled Mr
> Berezovsky could
> not be extradited as long as he has asylum status.
>
> In an interview with the Guardian, however, Mr
> [...]

Lyubo, bratsy, lyubo, lyubo, bratsy, zhit!

ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ËÞÁÎ, ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ÆÈÒÜ!