[lbo-talk] Imus

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 07:30:03 PDT 2007

Wojtek:

If there is a single item that is going to sink the left and its party line - it is the attitude toward crime. Most people, including this writer, see crime with a high personal dimension as a serious threat - and will go very far to protect themselves from that scourge. Sometimes even too far, as the public attitudes toward torture of terror suspects suggests. Terrorism is another crime high on personal dimension but low on economic dimension - and that explains these public attitudes.

Fascinating.

I grew up in a rough and tumble area.

Over the years, I've had to hit the deck to avoid bullets, been robbed at gun point, had my home and car broken into, been forced to roughly toss an aggressive, chemically mood altered chap into a rat infested dumpster...and so on.

And yet...

And yet...

I suspect I'm far, far less fearful of crime than you appear to be.

Why is that, I wonder?

.d.