[lbo-talk] Imus

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 13 08:34:06 PDT 2007

On 4/13/07, Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote:
> You can say what you want about this, but your party line has been and will
> be blown out of the water, not just in the US but in most other countries.
> No sane person, save a few cranks and blasé intellectuals will ever
> sympathize with those who in their view trample human dignity. This is yet
> another reason why I parted with the left.

While I draw on existing -isms like "leftism" and so forth, I don't personally consider myself to be a leftist. Unlike you, some of us don't have -isms to melodramatically part with, as if they're dysfunctional families. (If you have to choose a religion, why not at least a real one?)

Perhaps I'm biased, but in your posts, the more you claim you can "blow out of the water" opposing arguments, the less you're actually capable of doing it. (I mean, debaters can claim it all they like, but that's for others to decide.) When you write screeds about "cranks and blasé intellectuals," you're clearly psychologically projecting.

In sum: for all your talk of unpleasant leftists, you're pretty much in the same range as the more unpleasant, judgmental ones to discuss with. Or at least your internet persona... but hey, it's the Wild West of the internet, so whatever floats your boat. ;)

Tayssir