[lbo-talk] Kiss my ass, Sir

Sermin Womack sermin_womack at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 11:20:07 PDT 2007

Hi everybody,

I don't know about you, but I do have a taste for raw nuts as appropriate.

Greetings,

Chuck Grimes <cgrimes at rawbw.com> wrote:

All right boys and girls quit you're grinning and drop your linen. We have contact...

Propeller beanies on the ready line. Let's shag it people, you know the drill. Get over here Hudson...

Yes sir, sir.

I love the corps. A day in the corps is like a day on the farm. Every formation is a parade, every meal is a banquet, every paycheck is a fortune! So show me some Hudson.

Yes Sir, sir. We have an Intel 2 Core Duo processor, sir. We have an Intel DG965WH motherboard, we have a Gigabyte GeForce 7600 with a NX76G Graphics Accelerator, we have Kingston 1G 800 mHz memory, with a Seagate 400GB sata hard drive, up and running sir in an Antec case. Sir, we have Freebsd 6.2 release, installed, up, running and ready Sir.

Thank you Hudson, look into my eye...

Fuck you sir.

I can smell the thermo compound and new plastic smell, cooling along at 62.5 F in a super silent case. I don't have the mother fucker connected to the internet, or X org GUI, but I've got root, marines. Logged in, and about ready to install all the base ports off the CD/DVD Plextor 755A drive. So, kiss my ass Sir.

I poured my self a stiff martinis around eight tonight, figured out the micro-mini switch crap on the mobo, punched the motherfucker and after a few brief false starts (bio setting corrections) I was ready to rock 'n roll. I called my tech buddy in Sonoma and we talked a while about the carbon cycle and the slope of the Mauna Loa data and celebrated the power-on stage with another martinis. Back home, popped in the FreeBSD bootable CD then discovered it didn't like the fancy tv sata cable Intel supplied. So I turned the machine off and put in the Antec sata cable and back to the configuration menus.

After another very stiff martinis to finish the bottle of Sapphire, I was picking passwords and adding the user, selecting shells, and boom it was over. This was the fastest goddamned install I ever did. About an hour plus, with plenty of cigerettes

Total time from box assembly to root, three hours. Fucking-A.

CG