[lbo-talk] Imus

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 13 13:47:26 PDT 2007

On 4/13/07, Tayssir John Gabbour <tayssir.john at googlemail.com> wrote:
> * Dominant media systems generally won't carry your viewpoints
> if you're outside a narrow spectrum. They'll show the kookiest
> examples -- keeping in mind that a Comedy Central "fake news
> show" is commonly considered to have more journalistic
> integrity than conventional news outlets.

Actually, let me modify that painfully boring explanation of mine...

Recently, I spoke with a CEO who admired a friend of his who knew how to bullshit effectively. The friend had the handy ability to convince some people that they actually did need his product, even though they weren't aware of it before. So, the CEO laughed and said he was still learning that skill.

These are both nice people who I've talked and played games with, human beings who seem unusually humane given their roles, but they're also manipulators and maybe liars. (Or at least a wannabee.)

Leftists may be much more honest on average than many of their corporate counterparts, but we're encouraged to see the (often real) flaws of leftists more clearly. You know, like how we're supposed to see the (often real) crimes of official enemies with cold rationality, while our crimes are treated like soap operas... The Oops theory of foreign relations.

Tayssir