[lbo-talk] Imus

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Apr 13 13:57:38 PDT 2007

J Tyler writes:

> There are no criminals. There are only people who sometimes do
> things we deem just and right and sometimes do things we deem unjust
> and immoral. I've yet to see a counterexample, i.e., a person who
> has only done things just and right or a person who has only done
> things unjust and immoral.

That's a pretty high bar for a definition of criminal, and perhaps you're stretching the case that the term "criminal" is all encompassing. Sure, rapists will often cross the street only at a green light, but that doesn't make them less criminal.

(Like the joke whose punch line is "... but you fuck ONE goat!")

The NRA, and more generally, those who attribute a personal right to the 2nd Ammendment, assert a right to self defense that includes using personal weapons up to and including a firearm. That makes you puke? Ok. But don't overstate your case.

/jordan