[lbo-talk] Imus

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 14:43:34 PDT 2007

J. Tyler wrote:

"All human behavior has complex causes and must be viewed in a societal context that imposes conditions, limitations, and pressures on some people that it does not impose on others. "

which laudable sentiments somehow had me thinking of this song, from West Side Story:

TIGER (spoken) (as Krupke) Yeah, you! Gimme one good reason For not draggin' ya down to the Stationhouse, ya punk.

RIFF (sings) Dear kindly Sergeant Krupke, Ya gotta understand-- It's just our bringin' upke That gets us outta hand. Our mothers all are junkies, Our fathers all are drunks. Golly Moses -- natcherly we're punks.

ALL Gee, Officer Krupke, we're very upset; We never had the love that every Child oughta get. We ain't no delinquents, We're misunderstood. Deep down inside us there is good! ....

RIFF (to Action)(sings) My Daddy beats my Mommy, My Mommy clobbers me, My Grandpa is a Commie, My Grandma pushes tea. My sister wears a mustache, My brother wears a dress. Goodness Gracious, that's why I'm a mess!

http://www.westsidestory.com/site/level2/lyrics/krupke_movie.html