[lbo-talk] Stern

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 13 15:52:24 PDT 2007

>From: "Dennis Perrin" <dperrin at comcast.net>
>
> > The WSWS <http://wsws.org/articles/2007/apr2007/imus-a13.shtml>
> > writes of Imus: "He is, moreover, just one in a long line (Howard
> > Stern, Rush Limbaugh, Jerry Springer, etc.) who has been used to drag
> > public discourse to the lowest possible level." Is this fair? I
> > haven't heard a lot of Stern, but though he can be rude and crude, he
> > can also be funny. Am I getting insensitive?
> >
> > Doug
>
>Stern can be and has been very funny. And very crude. At times sophomoric.

I have heard allegations of Howard Stern being funny for many, many years and have never seen a single shred of proof to back them up. Stern has been from the beginning of his career the gold standard of dreck in broadcasting.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Need a break? Find your escape route with Live Search Maps. http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag3