[lbo-talk] plain text please please please

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 02:18:03 PDT 2007

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> I keep asking this but to no avail - please post only in plain text.
> HTML coding greatly increases the size of message, and not all
> mailers can format it properly. The list software is supposed to be
> able to strip the codes, but it can't. Please be considerate of your
> readers.

If it cannot strip, can it just drop such messages or, better, send them back to the perpetrators?

I realise this is somewhat ungentle, but if you've repeatedly asked and are being ignored. then it may be time to just block HTML and let the senders worry about it.

-- Sandy Harris Quanzhou, Fujian, China